From: Thibault Godouet <tgodouet@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] perf : home compiled vs. compiled by a distrib maker
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:35:06
1 Hello !
2
3 I often see that home compiled package are faster than the ones made by,
4 say, Debian.
5 It seems right ... but is the difference huge ?
6 Is there any real study on the performance improvement ?
7
8 Thanks,
9 Thib.
10
11 ps : we can compile our packages ourselves with gentoo linux ... but do
12 you provide
13 some binary package as well ? (which may be very useful if we lack
14 of time for
15 compiling something, or for softwares we don't use very often, which
16 are very
17 well suited by a default compile)
20 Un OS pour les gouverner tous, un OS pour les trouver, un OS pour les amener tous
21 Et dans les ténèbres les lier au pays de Redmond où s'étendent les Ombres