From: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI and system packages
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 18:34:41
1 Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
2 > On Воскресенье 20 сентября 2009 11:47:30 Rémi Cardona wrote:
3 >
4 >> Le 20/09/2009 02:31, Ryan Hill a écrit :
5 >>
6 >>> If not, when can
7 >>> we drop support for old EAPIs? Your opinions please.
8 >>>
9 >> Let's drop it now. We've waited long enough. Portage with EAPI=2 has
10 >> been stable for more than a year.
11 >>
12 >> Rémi
15 > Yes its good idea to drop EAPI<2 from tree, but we should provide a way to
16 > upgrade for people that don't upgrades recently. So we can:
17 > 1 create a portage snapshot
18 > 2 write mini how to about upgrade
19 > 3 then drop EAPI=0 and EAPI=1 from tree to simplify tree
20 >
21 EAPI isn't a question of the portage so much as the packages. So long
22 as there are no more EAPI=0 EAPI=1 ebuilds in the tree it could be
23 discussed, though I think that removing it is 1. going to require lots
24 of work 2. this reaps minimal benefit if it's even possible.
25
26 Andrew
30 Andrew