From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, mgorny@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-libs/freetype: freetype-2.4.11-r1.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:10:40
1 I don't want to start another useless rant here, because I perfectly
2 understand the issue with ABI specific headers.
3
4 The problem is:
5 a) if you break a provider on purpose, then you should feel
6 somehow responsible for the consumers and not just dump testing and
7 fixing on your fellow devs
8 b) just test such things in an overlay first and see it explode, then
9 think about it again and ask on dev-ML if other people find it even
10 WORTH the hassle
13 The other thing is:
14 We still have the conflict with eclass-solution vs PM-solution
15 (multilib-portage) and I propose not to convert ANYTHING else until that
16 conflict is solved, even if it means a council vote (that's what I
17 actually think makes sense here).
18 I understand both sides and somehow find it appealing to have a quicker
19 solution, but since this could damage years of work on a portage fork I
20 think we should slow down here.