From: sdesseaux <sdesseaux@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] newbie on the list: how to get involved in the gentoo's development
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:50:07
1 Hi!
2
3 Since February, i am happy to work with Gentoo. It's a great!!
4 If i write today, it's because i'd like to get involved in the gentoo
5 linux development.
6 I'm a french programer of 27 years old and a big user of Linux since
7 1998. I think there's so many things to do but i'd like to have advices,
8 ideas about how to work on gentoo's development.
9
10 Moreover, i've an idea of project but before, i'd like to have your
11 point of view. The installation of gentoo is long and a bit hard for
12 newbies (most of people says to me that it has taken a long time before
13 having a Gentoo which run without any problems). So, in my mind, i think
14 it would be a good thing to create a graphical installator (like
15 traditionals's linux (mandrake,redhat....) for Gentoo and giving the
16 choice of installation (graphical or text mode).
17 According to me, it would be a useful tool for Gentoo and for the users.
18
19 So, give me your opinion.
20
21 Regards