From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cleaning out 'bc' and 'ed' from system
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 03:41:20
1 maillog: 22/04/2005-20:32:59(-0700): Drake Wyrm types
2 > It certainly goes against my nature to be serious in a conversation so
3 > otherwise comical, but...
4 >
5 > Is there any reason why app-editors/ed doesn't PROVIDE virtual/editor?
6
7 I'm guessing here, but since ed is in system (that's what this is all
8 about, right), then virtual/editor would always be satisfied by ed and
9 there would no point in having ed *and* a virtual/editor in system.
10
11 On a related note to another thread, busybox should also provide
12 virtual/editor :)
15 \ Georgi Georgiev \ Metermaids eat their young. \
16 / chutz@×××.net / /
17 \ +81(90)2877-8845 \ \