From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_LICENSES in Portage?
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:35:46
1 On Friday 17 September 2004 13:44, Peter Gordon wrote:
2 > I remember reading something about an ACCEPT_LICENSE feature
3 > that would allow one to add something like:
4 >
5 > ACCEPT_LICENSES="@OSI-APPROVED"
6 >
7 > in their /etc/make.conf and it would use only OSI-approved
8 > licenses (GPL-2, MPL, LGPL, etc.). Just to satiate my curiosity,
9 > Is this going to be implemented in Gentoo or Portage any time soon?
10
11 The GLEP is mostly done and half-approved. The details on the grouping
12 mechanism still need to be worked out and approved. The next step at the
13 moment is to add a repoman check on the LICENSE ebuild variable syntax. When
14 the tree is clean and the grouping aspects approved, the functionality will
15 be added to emerge.
16
17 Regards,
18 Jason Stubbs