From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Changes to some profiles
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:09:20
1 OK, so I built a complete set of stages (with no circular dependencies!)
2 on amd64 for testing, using both the "default-linux/amd64/dev/2008.0"
3 and the "default-linux/amd64/dev/2008.0/desktop" profiles with the
4 following changes and everything worked perfectly. I would like to
5 replicate this to the tree before the snapshot today. If nobody has any
6 objections in the next 12 hours or so, I'm going to do it.
7
8 base/packages:
9 removed debianutils
10 removed perl
11 removed python
12 changed sys-apps/portage to virtual/portage
13
14 default-linux/packages.build:
15 removed perl
16 removed python
17 changed sys-apps/baselayout to virtual/baselayout
18 changed sys-apps/portage to virtual/portage
19
20 Even without perl/python in packages.build, we still end up with both in
21 stage1's tarball. We pull in perl via auto{conf,make} and python via
22 portage (duh). I'd like to also try removing autoconf and automake from
23 packages and packages.build above, since things *should* now be
24 depending on them if they need them. Of course, I won't commit that
25 until after posting here again after testing it and being sure it's
26 good.
29 Chris Gianelloni
30 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
31 Games Developer