From: Anthony Gorecki <agorecki@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /var/ftp VS /home/ftp
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:25:48
1 On Tuesday, March 22, 2005 5:01 pm, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Aren't you looking forward to some insanely complicated srvapp-config
3 > tool?
4
5 One more application to package.mask :)
8 I was meaning to follow this thread (I filed the bug report), however my
9 primary mail server suffered a catastrophic failure recently and didn't come
10 back online until yesterday.
11
12 Regarding /var/ftp versus /srv (or a subdirectory thereof), which is chosen
13 really isn't a concern to me as long as ProFTPD's home directory is moved out
14 of /home. As previous posts have mentioned, it also doesn't make sense to
15 have multiple "serving" directory roots. Unless /var/www is moving
16 to /srv, /var/ftp seems to be the most sensible choice for the FTP daemons.
20 Anthony Gorecki
21 Ectro-Linux Foundation