From: Grant Goodyear <grant@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] cosmetic texinfo error
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:54:16
1 I'm installing a new rc6 system and I get the following cosmetic error
2 when I try to emerge anything:
3
4 (none) portage # emerge sys-kernel/linux-sources
5 Calculating dependencies.!!! Name error in texinfo: missing a version or name part.
6 !!! Error: /var/db/pkg/sys-apps/texinfo is not a valid database entry, skipping...
7 done!
8
9 I cvs updated, remerged portage and gcc, and the problem didn't go away.
10 >From the error message I'm guessing the problem is that
11 /var/db/pkg/sys-apps/texinfo is missing a version name.
12
13 Why has texinfo been incorporated into gcc? It appears that gcc3+
14 now goes out of its way not to clobber an already existing texinfo,
15 so I would think we would want to keep a separate texinfo package.
16
17 -g2boojum-
18 --
20 | Grant Goodyear | The Secrets of Physics: |
21 | Dept. of Chemistry - Clemson U |1. Add zero. |
22 | Clemson, SC 29634 |2. Multiply by one. |
23 |-------------------------------------|3. Expand in a Taylor series|
24 |e-mail: goodyea@×××××××.edu |4. Integrate by parts. |
25 |www:bernacchi.chem.uh.edu/~grant |5. Fourier transform. |
26 | |6. Add auxiliary variables |