From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Allow variable refs in HOMEPAGE
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 14:03:28
1 Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > All this is to say that "easy to read" is in the eye of the beholder.
3 > For ebuilds in the tree, the beholder is usually the maintainer, which
4 > is why I think the choice should be left up to him.
5
6 I think what mgorny says is that locality of ebuilds is an important factor.
9 > Our ebuilds are bash programs, and in source code, "as little
10 > duplication as possible" is a strong contributor to "easy to read."
11
12 Here's an idea: Could a little bit of automated (but obviously checked!)
13 de-duplication be made [an optional] part of adding an ebuild into the
14 tree, and please everyone?
17 //Peter