From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Sam James <sam@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Clang/LLVM profile
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 13:35:53
1 > Honestly, I think this is pretty on-topic for gentoo-dev given a lot of us
2 > are quite interested in this.
3 ^ this
4
5 > - I'm not sure why you would need virtual/toolchain or virtual/binutils
6 > unless it's just for usage within bootstrapping scripts? Seems more like
7 > you could just remove gcc from @system and such?
8 ^ this too
9
10 FWIW, a minimal chroot (corresponding to a stage3) rebuilds quite nicely with
11 clang, with one exception (sys-libs/glibc obviously).
12
13 Being able to build glibc with clang is seen as a desirable long-term goal by
14 glibc upstream, seems to be nontrivial to implement though.
17 Andreas K. Hüttel
18 dilfridge@g.o
19 Gentoo Linux developer
20 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)