From: Jason Rhinelander <jason@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: The new apache license]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:43:01
1 /me waits impatiently for new, GPL-incompatible GNOME and KDE licenses
2
3 -- Jason Rhinelander
4 -- Gossamer Threads, Inc.
7 Christian Gut wrote:
8 > another one?
9 > /. says incompatible to GPL... :(
10 > -----Forwarded Message-----
11 >
12 >>From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@×××××××××××.org>
13 >>To: misc@×××××××.org
14 >>Subject: The new apache license
15 >>Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:38:08 -0700
16 >>
17 >>And another license issue..
18 >>
19 >>The new apache license is not acceptable. Code written under that
20 >>new license will never go into our tree.
21 >>
22 >>Look, I am quite frankly getting sick and tired of this. It is time
23 >>for the user community to tell these software developers who have
24 >>gotten themselves involved with lawyers to stop it. They are NOT
25 >>making their software better, they are NOT protecting anyone, and
26 >>they we NOT making their software any more free when they add new
27 >>terms.
28 >>
29 >>As of this moment in time, therefore, it looks like the httpd in
30 >>OpenBSD has now become a fork. It will continue to be managed
31 >>under the existing license.
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list