From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Training points for users interested in helping out with ebuild development
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 08:44:02
1 Petteri Räty a écrit :
2 > Currently we really don't need to fail that many
3 > people as those who end up at that point in the process almost always
4 > have good enough skills as they have contributed via overlays for quite
5 > a while.
6
7 Ditto on that. Most recruits I've been actively watching these past few
8 months (Ford_prefect, nirbheek and now mrpouet) have all been "trained"
9 that way :
10 - they send us patches for ebuilds
11 - we tell them how they are wrong and they fix 'em
12 - after a while, they get access to the overlay
13 - we still whack them with the cluebat when they break stuff
14
15 But the whole overlay process is very positive because it's hands-on
16 experience.
17
18 The ebuild quiz is usually a very good time for them to reflect on all
19 the work they did and they understand more why we had to whack them a
20 few times. Things make much more sense for them.
21
22 All in all, I would say overlays + the ebuild quiz make for very good
23 recruits. I have yet to be disappointed by this recruitment process.
24
25 Cheers,
26
27 Rémi