From: Patrick Nagel <mail@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Gentoo Wiki Project
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 02:43:18
1 Hi,
2
3 On 2010-04-08 19:51 UTC Ryan Hill wrote:
4 > On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 20:12:49 +0200
5 >
6 > Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
7 > > After the mostly positive feedback on the recent wiki discussion, we
8 > > have now gone ahead, formed a preliminary team consisting of both
9 > > users and developers, and put up a project page [1]. All constructive
10 > > feedback on this new project is welcome.
11 >
12 > why are we setting up a user wiki when a very popular one already exists?
13 > it seems like a complete duplication of effort. i'm not saying don't do
14 > it, i'm just baffled why we would.
15
16 Well, one reason could be, that the "unofficial" one lost its whole database
17 once, and there were other multiple multi-day outages in the past. I expect an
18 official Wiki to have a reasonable availability and not losing most of the
19 content, breaking links all over the net for months.
20
21 Patrick.
24 Key ID: 0x86E346D4 http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
25 Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4