From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Announce e-mail sending nonsense (Was: Last rites: x11-libs/gtk+:1)
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 19:06:07
1 Ühel kenal päeval, L, 07.01.2017 kell 20:59, kirjutas Mart Raudsepp:
2 > # Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> (06 Jan 2017)
3 > # No releases of this API version since April 2001, abandoned
4 > # in favour of gtk+:2 for 14 years.
5 > # Masked for removal in 30 days. Bug 604862.
6 > x11-libs/gtk+:1
7
8 This was a failed try to get this to show up on -dev-announce, but of
9 course I don't have such fancy Reply-To munging fields by default and
10 with localized stuff I didn't pay attention I was using CC.
11 Previous tries just went to /dev/null, because apparently I need to set
12 a Reply-To field myself per some hidden documentation at comrel
13 wiki[1], while both devmanual pages that talk of sending last rites e-
14 mails[2][3] don't have a mention of it.
15 Additionally gentoo-dev that accepted this already sets the Reply-To as
16 needed, so anyone looking from the side, it's already all fine, only
17 infra and my Sent folder would know I "failed" to put the Reply-To.
18
19 If gentoo-dev feel the need to set Reply-To in my place, then gentoo-
20 dev-announce should do the same and not throw my mail into /dev/null,
21 but into some regular moderation rules after setting the Reply-To
22 itself then.
25 1. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:ComRel/Developer_Handbook/What_you_get
26 2. https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-writing/
27 2. https://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-maintenance/index.html