From: Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gnome <gnome@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:43:38
1 Hi folks,
2 I'd like to propose a new global USE-flag: introspection.
3
4 The purpose of the flag is to enable the building of GIR for the
5 package using dev-libs/gobject-introspection. gobject-introspection is
6 going to be quite important in upcoming GNOME releases, allowing for
7 the automated generation of bindings for several languages.
8
9 We already have 13 packages using this flag, with several more to
10 come. The current description being used in packages' metadata.xml
11 sucks - I'll put something more descriptive in the final flag.
12
13 Any objections? I'll wait till Wed (June 23rd) before adding this if
14 there aren't any.
15
16 Cheers!
17 --
18 Arun Raghavan
19 http://arunraghavan.net/
20 (Ford_Prefect | Gentoo) & (arunsr | GNOME)