From: "Fernando J. Pereda" <ferdy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Intentions to remove mail-client/muttng from the tree
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 13:17:49
1 On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 02:51:39PM +0200, Lars Weiler wrote:
2 > * Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> [07/05/26 10:52 +0200]:
3 > > Please speak up now if there are major reasons to keep muttng in the
4 > > tree, despite being unmaintained and out of date.
5 >
6 > I'm okay with removing muttng from the tree. Some weeks ago
7 > I tested the old mutt again, but unfortunately not all
8 > patches work the same like in muttng. Especially the
9 > sidebar-patch which made my life easier.
10
11 Just FYI the sidebar-patch is going to be taken out of the Gentoo's
12 mutt-patchset. It is going to get a USE flag for itself and it is going
13 to be either sidebar or rest of the patches.
14
15 This is because of bug #174080. Upstream claims 'it is a configuration
16 problem' and I claim that the sidebar patch is braindamaged and so it is
17 going the way of the dodo. Since people seem to use it anyway, you'll be
18 able to use it with USE=sidebar in the next mutt's release.
19
20 - ferdy
23 Fernando J. Pereda Garcimartín
24 20BB BDC3 761A 4781 E6ED ED0B 0A48 5B0C 60BD 28D4