From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] {Guide,Project,Foo}XML too confusing for many devs?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:34:29
1 On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 08:05 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > So this is getting pretty long winded; my basic question is do you as a
3 > developer find writing web pages to be confusing or difficult? Is there
4 > not a good tutorial for learning our webpage XML syntax? Do you find that
5 > you bump up against restrictions in the DTD or other problems that prevent
6 > you from expressing yourself properly? Do you have any idea how to
7 > actually go about extending GuideXML (or the other XML's we provide) Have
8 > you ever tried? Could we improve training with regards to any of this?
9
10 - No
11 - http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xml-guide.xml
12 - No
13 - No, other than asking Xavier... ;]
14 - No
15 - Yes, we could, but we also don't do much "training" of any of our
16 people for many of our jobs and expect people to be self-motivated and
17 capable of self-teaching. While we could try teaching people GuideXML,
18 I'm not sure if it would be a valuable expenditure of time. That is,
19 unless you're volunteering to teach it.
22 Chris Gianelloni
23 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
24 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
25 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
26 Gentoo Foundation