From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: media-gfx/pngcrush
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 15:33:33
1 On 10/08/2011 06:13 PM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 08-10-2011 11:05:08 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> If the extra 16 days will actually accomplish something beyond just
4 >> delaying libpng then we can debate the finer points of policy.
5 >> However, if we're just arguing policy for its own sake then I don't
6 >> see the value. Perhaps a package maintainer might have the "right" to
7 >> a few weeks to fix things, but in the end you have to put the distro
8 >> and its users first. You can do that either by speaking up or
9 >> standing aside, but if you're going to speak up, then make sure you
10 >> can follow through.
11 >
12 > It seems to me like you say here that any policy that Gentoo has that
13 > you just don't like can be ignored because, well, you just don't like
14 > it.
15 > We can discuss whether or not the policy is ok, but should we ignore the
16 > policy for that reason? I think not.
20 It's not like fastened lastriting hasn't happened before. I question
21 your motives in picking this particular one. It's not like I expected
22 cookies for the time I've put into this porting effort, but not this
23 "attack" either.
24
25 whatever
26