From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:39:55
1 On 5 March 2010 00:27, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>>> But this issue can be discussed separately from whether cups
3 >>>> should be enabled in profiles.
4 >
5 > Actually, it is the problem.  You want to remove cups to solve the problem
6 > of circular dependencies.
7
8 What I wrote was:
9
10 >> What it fixes is (1) the circular dependency that people run into on a
11 >> fresh install and the default desktop profile, and (2) the default
12 >> dependency on cups that many users do not need.
13
14 But if you choose to ignore what I actually write, then I'd better stop
15 responding.
16
17 Good night,
18 --
19 Ben de Groot
20 Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)