From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] whitelisting the env ebuilds execute in
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:06:11
1 On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 05:20:15PM -0500, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > So it will be something like $PORTDIR/profiles/env.accept.list in which
3 > all devs should be able to add to as needed vs having to file bugs and
4 > wait for long periods of time?
5 Yeah, pretty much.
6
7 Whatever y'all want it to be, I'm just getting bloody sick of seeing 200+ vars in an ebuild execution env, whenever I
8 have to go digging into the guts of it. Beyond that, it is (afaik) a good source of screwy bugs- random user vars
9 screwing with things that aren't expected/accounted for. A blacklist approach isn't sane there, too many
10 possibilities.
11
12 Not sure who it was who mentioned it (marienz, was that you?), but a per-ebuild GRAB_USER_VARS would likely be sane
13 also- that would be checked by the ebuild_processor, and the env var would be set. This is post sourcing however-
14 before setup phase.
15 ~harring
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list