From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: I want to steal your tools
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:42:39
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:59:26 -0600 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I want something that anybody can use in their scripts without having to
4 >> install paludis
5 >
6 > What's the difference between installing Paludis and installing Perl in order
7 > to use a tool?
8
9 Ha. Nice edit. What I actually said was:
10
11 > I want something that anybody can use in their scripts without having to
12 > install paludis, or eix, or udept, or etc.
13
14 Well, perl is already installed on my and everyone else's system. Paludis was
15 one example, but I would like it to work without having to install anything
16 extra at all. Otherwise I'd continue to use udept.
17
18 So, do you have such a solution or did you just pop up because someone said Paludis?
22 fonts, by design, by neglect
23 gcc-porting, for a fact or just for effect
24 wxwindows @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662