From: Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HDD Detection
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 23:21:57
1 On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 03:05:21PM -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
2 > I need as many people as possible to test (for the Gentoo installer
3 > project) the following python script on your system:
4 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~npmccallum/detect_devices.py This is especially
5 > important if you have scsi, hardware raid, or otherwise funky setups.
6 >
7 > Thanks!
8 >
9 > Nathaniel
12 > --
13 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
14 >
15 As you see below, the script is breaks on non-standard locales.
16 Maybe the script should ensure a LC_ALL="C" environment.
17
18 root@lord:/home/bjoern/ > ./detect_devices.py
19 Your devices are detected by this script as:
20 /dev/hda
21
22 Fdisk detected your devices as:
23 /dev/hda
24
25 Compare the two lists above with your real system devices (not partitions).
26 Ideally, the two lists should be the same. If the lists are missing any
27 devices or have extra devices, please email me a copy of the output of this
28 and of 'cat /proc/partitions' to my address npmccallum@g.o
29
30 root@lord:/home/bjoern/ > export LC_ALL="de_DE"
31 root@lord:/home/bjoern/ > ./detect_devices.py
32 Your devices are detected by this script as:
33 /dev/hda
34
35 Fdisk detected your devices as:
36
37 Compare the two lists above with your real system devices (not partitions).
38 Ideally, the two lists should be the same. If the lists are missing any
39 devices or have extra devices, please email me a copy of the output of this
40 and of 'cat /proc/partitions' to my address npmccallum@g.o
41 root@lord:/home/bjoern/ > cat /proc/partitions
42 major minor #blocks name
43
44 3 0 80043264 hda
45 3 1 97744 hda1
46 3 2 683424 hda2
47 3 3 68359536 hda3
48 3 4 10902528 hda4
51 Björn Michaelsen
52 pub 1024D/C9E5A256 2003-01-21 Björn Michaelsen <bmichaelsen@×××.de>
53 Key fingerprint = D649 8C78 1CB1 23CF 5CCF CA1A C1B5 BBEC C9E5 A256