From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HDD Detection
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:36:51
1 On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 04:37:59PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Sunday 13 June 2004 02:44 pm, Greg KH wrote:
3 > > On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 10:09:11PM -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
4 > > > Hey, I was hoping you would jump in. The script is for the installer
5 > > > and it is to detect and return a list of all the partitionable devices
6 > > > on the system (hard drives, etc). What are your suggestions?
7 > >
8 > > Oh, that's simple:
9 > > /sys/block/*
10 >
11 > rather than parsing the fs himself, wouldnt using libsysfs be better ?
12
13 libsysfs is for C or C++ programs that want easy access to sysfs. As
14 his program is in python, it's much easier to just do it all in python,
15 instead of having to use libsysfs.
16
17 Anyway, I don't think that libsysfs would be able to differenciate
18 between root block devices, and the individual partitions, but it's been
19 a while since I looked at that portion of libsysfs.
20
21 Hope this helps,
22
23 greg k-h