From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] shouldn't eselect be in app-eselect ?
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 18:49:20
1 On 04/04/2015 02:41 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I read the recent thread re the new app-eselect.
3 > Doing my weekly system update,
4 > it strikes me that 'eselect' itself sb there too.
5 >
6 > Time to paint the bikesheds again ... (smile)
9 This is consistent with a lot of other stuff. For example, emacs is
10 under app-editors, while all of its "accessories" go under app-emacs.
11 Likewise for www-servers/apache and www-apache/foo.
12
13 You can argue either way, but one way creates a lot more work...