From: Mike Kelly <pioto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cultural Differences (was: Suggestion: INVALID -> NOCHANGE in bugzilla)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 03:47:52
1 On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 02:21:46 +0200
2 Alin Năstac <mrness@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Christopher Sawtell wrote:
5 > > In which case it must be a feature, so why not use the keyword
6 > > FEATURE?
7 >
8 > Why would we need a keyword for that? We already have "enhancement"
9 > as a possible value of the severity field.
10
11 I think he was making a joke there (along the lines of the saying,
12 "It's not a bug, it's a feature!").
13
14 Sadly, this just goes to show how people need to be more careful in
15 their wording in a community like ours with people coming from so many
16 different cultures. Or maybe people need to lighten up a bit more, I
17 don't really know which.
18
19 Anyone have any further suggestions how we as a community can avoid
20 this sorta confusion from in-jokes, idioms, etc? It seems to be
21 happening very often now-a-days (or maybe I'm just paying more
22 attention than I used to).
25 Mike Kelly
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list