From: Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] security test request - gnutls-1.4.4 and libtasn1-0.3.5
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 02:05:07
1 On Thursday 03 August 2006 15:42, Daniel Black wrote:
2 > I've added new versions of these libs to gentoo. They are currently in
3 > package.mask because I've missed a few bumps versions in between and there
4 > is an ABI change. Some old deprecated functions have been removed.
5 >
6 > So far these have been working for me fine however I'd appreciate your
7 > assistance in further testing these before I unmask them.
10 Well a security bug has come up requiring a stable version of packages that
11 are currently masked. I don't envisage mass breakage thanks to those of you
12 who have previously tested the gnutls 1.4.1 versions.
13
14 I would however appreciate a little more testing before it is marked stable.
15
16 To participate please:
17 1. add
18 ~net-libs/gnutls-1.4.4
19 ~dev-libs/libtasn1-0.3.5
20 to /etc/portage/package.unmask and /etc/portage/package.keywords files.
21
22 2. emerge -1 ~net-libs/gnutls-1.4.4
23
24 3. run revdep-rebuild
25
26 4. and report bugs on bugs.gentoo.org making them block bug 147682
27
28 I much appreciate your assistance in this manner.
31 Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
32 Gentoo Foundation