From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Let's redesign the entire filesystem!
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:42:07
1 On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 08:40:46AM -0400, Joshua Kinard wrote:
2 > I chose to stick with Gentoo as my distro of choice because I didn't like
3 > the way Red Hat did things years ago. As well as a few other nitpicks I
4 > have. It bugs me to no end that, despite running a fairly vanilla setup on
5 > a source-based distro whose original inspiration came from BSD ports, I am
6 > still affected by a decision made by RH.
7
8 It is not a decision made by RH, some of the developers involved just
9 happen to work for that distro. Others of us do not. Please don't get
10 this confused with distro specific politics, it's not that at all.
11
12 And again, if you have /usr on a different filesystem today, with no
13 initrd, your machine could be broken and you don't even know it.
14
15 greg "why is this thread still alive" k-h