From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What sort of infrastructure programs/features do we want?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:17:49
1 On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 11:54:14PM +0000 or thereabouts, Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > > * web mail
3 > Would this be webmail for @g.o emails or webmail for users also?
4
5 At this point, I would not feel comfortable offering email accounts to
6 users. That comes with an entirely different, larger support requirement
7 and unless we're going to generate revenue from it, it's not something we
8 can currently support.
9
10 > > * workflow management/project management
11 > Not sure what is meant by this... any place I can get details?
12
13 http://www.egroupware.org/
14 http://www.phpgroupware.org/
15 http://www.tutos.org/
16
17 among others.
18
19 > > * wiki (internal and/or external)
20 > I don't know what this could be used for, but I'm sure if one existed someone
21 > would find a use for it. :)
22
23 One thing I am not willing to do is adopt a "if you build it, they will
24 come" approach. We don't have the infrastructure to support those sorts of
25 luxuries at this point. There are enough things that we (as a team) want
26 that should take priority over pie in the sky type things. If nobody is
27 willing to champion the wiki cause, then we must not need one.
28
29 --kurt