From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Review: news item and script for CPU_FLAGS_X86
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 22:16:15
1 Dnia 2015-01-24, o godz. 00:59:24
2 Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 21:22:31 +0100 Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > > > To help you enable the correct USE flags, we are providing a Python
6 > > > > script which generates the correct value from your /proc/cpuinfo [1].
7 > > > > The Python script can be downloaded and executed using the following
8 > > > > command:
9 > > > >
10 > > > > $ wget -O - dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/cpuinfo2cpuflags-x86.py | python
11 > > >
12 > > > Can we not encourage people to pipe stuff from a plain-http website into
13 > > > an interpreter?
14 > >
15 > > Find a better solution.
16 >
17 > Why not to ship this script together with portage (using some
18 > USE=tools)? Alternatively it may be added as an independent ebuild
19 > in app-admin (like we already have different cleaners and updaters).
20
21 Because it's a tiny script people are supposed to run once and be done
22 with it.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny