From: Joe Tennies <joe@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Modem User
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 01:37:29
1 I am particularly interested in Gentoo Linux. I have been considering
2 building my own Linux distro, but think I found what I want in Gentoo. My
3 big problem is that I am on a modem.
4
5 First off, your distro assumes you have a direct connection to the Internet.
6 This is not true of modems or DSL.
7
8 I think it would be nice if you would release some CDs with all the packages
9 you have at a certain time on it. You could even make some money by selling
10 a subscription to update CDs. These would not have to be updated often, but
11 it would be nice if you wanted to install on a new computer 3 months down
12 the line.
13
14 Packages I'd like to see (haven't been able to install yet, but I don't
15 think you have them):
16 HardDrak -- I know some of you are like "I want to do everything the hard
17 way" but this would be nice to have.
20 Anyways. Keep up the good work.
21
22 PS: when are you expecting your first full release?