From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] unmasking USE="system-ffmpeg" for stable www-client/chromium ebuilds
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:23:04
1 Currently USE="system-ffmpeg" is masked for stable www-client/chromium
2 ebuilds. However, recently a new enough media-libs/ffmpeg has been
3 stabilized, making it possible to use system ffmpeg in stable.
4
5 I'd like to make the change close to a new version of chromium being
6 stabilized so that less rebuilds would be triggered.
7
8 Here is how the dependency looks like:
9
10 system-ffmpeg? ( || (
11 >=media-video/ffmpeg-1.0:=[opus]
12 >=media-video/libav-9.5:=[opus]
13 ) )
14
15 I know there are some controversies around ffmpeg/libav, and I wouldn't
16 like to go into that. I prefer to ask first and have a discussion before
17 rather than surprising people badly.
18
19 Please let me know what you think about this idea (unmasking
20 USE="system-ffmpeg" for stable chromium ebuilds).
21
22 Paweł