From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Results now more official
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:55:14
1 Thanks to fmccor, we now have additional confirmation of the results
2 using STV, with a minor wrinkle:
3
4 My results agree. I showed a difference in the 7th position
5 (jaervosz for Kugelelfang), but on closer examination, I see that
6 this comes about because of a tie vote. I.e., I show a several-way
7 tie for 7th, and STV makes a random choice. So, sometimes I get
8 Kugelfang, sometimes jaervosz.
9
10 Regards, Ferris
11
12 We're using a different (non-random) tie-breaking scheme in "countify",
13 namely the Schulze method, so the countify results appear to be
14 definitive.
15
16 -g2boojum-
17 --
18 Grant Goodyear
19 Gentoo Developer
20 g2boojum@g.o
21 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
22 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76