From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ideas for a (fast) EAPI=3
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 18:32:14
1 Am Sonntag, den 08.03.2009, 17:22 +0100 schrieb Robert Buchholz:
2 > On Sunday 08 March 2009, Tiziano Müller wrote:
3 > > Hi everyone
4 > >
5 > > With eapis 1 and 2 we introduced nice features but also a couple of
6 > > new problems. One of them are the use dependencies when the package
7 > > you depend on doesn't have the use flag anymore (see [1] for an
8 > > example).
9 > >
10 > > So I think it's time for a short eapi bump with some distinct
11 > > improvements:
12 > >
13 > > http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pPAJXP6shYH78lCXeqRqCUQ
14 >
15 > I'm not sure if you would like to discuss items to be added to the
16 > spreadsheet on this list first, but I accidently added
17 > default_src_install (bug 33544) to the list. I did not know it would
18 > store and share changes immediately.
19 This accident was intended ;-)
20
21 > However, the proposed implementation on the bug does not follow the
22 > ideas of adding arguments to the default_src_* implementations
23 > (230725).
24 >
25 > Still, I think adding the default src_install function to EAPI=3 would
26 > be both trivial and an improvement for many simple ebuilds.
27 Fine by me. I didn't add this bug because I thought that the discussion
28 about it could get too controversal and thus not suited for a fast
29 release of a new eapi (mainly thought to be fixing bugs).