From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] January 2010 meeting date
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:07:01
1 On 15-12-2009 09:54:36 -0700, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > I will be following up discussions on various mailing lists to prepare
3 > the agenda. If you already want to suggest topics feel free to reply
4 > to this thread. You'll get a second chance with the meeting reminder
5 > approximately two weeks before the meeting. I will be sending a
6 > message about the two topics which did not make it last time and
7 > explain why. I should have sent that much earlier but well... you
8 > know...
9
10 I'd like to council to discuss the current *$^&!! policy of
11 -dev-announce and -dev. I'd propose to at least implement the following
12 behaviour such that I:
13 - don't have to see some mails 3 (!) times and many 2 times
14 - don't get lost where the mail is/was
15 - get broken threading because the original mail was sent to another
16 list
17
18 Proposed behaviour:
19 Aautomatically send all mail sent to -dev-announce to -dev.
20 Benefits:
21 - any reply-to hackery for -dev-announce to -dev unnecessary
22 - being subscrived to -dev alone is enough (alternatively -dev-announce
23 can be /dev/null-ed)
24 - threads are complete, instead of scattered over some lists
25 - multiple copies can be avoided
26 - cross-list posting can be reduced to a minimum
30 Fabian Groffen
31 Gentoo on a different level