From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] IMPORTANT: The proposal for the metadata.xml file
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:56:12
1 On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 10:48:30PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 Content-Description: signed data
3 Content-Description: body text
4 >
5 [snip]
6 >
7 > - The changelog. This probably will be a topic of debate. Initial
8 > implementation is not necessary for the herds system to function. The
9 > current changelog format though has some problems as the confusion about the
10 > format some months ago showed. With including the changelog into XML many of
11 > those issues could be resolved. It also would offer possibilities like
12 > querying user contributions or things like that.
13 >
14 > If it is decided to include the changelog into the metadata.xml file,
15 > echangelog should be changed accordingly. We further need a conversion tool
16 > in both directions. That should not be too difficult though.
19 I am not in favor of XML changelogs. I enjoy being able to easily read a
20 changelog without the help of external tools; I believe it is much more
21 convienent to have plaintext changelogs.
24 Jon Portnoy
25 avenj/irc.freenode.net
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list