From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Default blank lines for error, elog, einfo, etc
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 00:53:17
1 On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 18:45 -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 >
3 > I just throw a couple echos around any output.
4
5 Surely more than one way
6
7 > I think doing any kind of automatic pretty-print formatting is
8 > overkill, but that's just my opinion.
9
10 Yes to a point. Starting having multiple blocks like that, and your
11 added 2 lines per for really no reason.
12
13 I think a more ideal solution, less drastic to implement might be
14 allowing 2 arguments to be passed. So you could do like
15
16 elog "" "A blank line precedes this one"
17 elog "A blank line follow this one" ""
18
19 Then maybe if a argument = "" it can be swapped out for echo :)
22 William L. Thomson Jr.
23 amd64/Java/Trustees
24 Gentoo Foundation