From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: */*: More Py2 stuff
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 14:26:28
1 On July 29, 2020 10:18:10 AM EDT, Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o> wrote:
2 >On 2020-07-29 16:07, Andreas Sturmlechner wrote:
3 >> Package is ~arch exclusively so everyone using it was already
4 >upgraded.
5 >> Masking <3.0.0_rc1 is perfectly fine if you want to keep old while
6 >not
7 >> blocking py2-masks of dependencies.
8 >
9 >While I even disagree with that, this is not even what happened.
10 >
11 >And yes, I probably wouldn't have notice this and wouldn't care if only
12 ><3 were masked.
13 >
14 >But again, that's not what has happened.
15
16 So, there we have it. You "wouldn't care" if it didn't touch *your* package. Then, you couldn't simply fix it as another has suggested.
17
18 Typical. You will fight it vice saying, "yea, that was an option I could have taken".
19
20 How do you disagree with users keywording that package *not* running the latest version?
21
22 Further, if they are on a stable system running it as keyworded... They know how to unmask <3 if they want to use the Py2 only version.
23
24 Silliness...
27 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.