From: Christian Gut <cycloon@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: 'submerge' was Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Embedded
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:02:07
1 On Mi, 2003-10-29 at 21:24, Vano D wrote:
2 > But anyhow.. I am positive it can be made even smaller, by using less
3 > binaries, cutting down on the baselayout or using a custom one
4 > (slackware rc scripts come to mind) the reason for this is not that the
5 > scripts take a lot of space, but they use some binaries and in my case
6 > instead of I copy the binaries themselves I emerge the whole package the
7 > binaries belong to. And course last but not least, using uglibc should
8 > shrink the thing even more (but then incompatibility issues might arise
9 > with some packages...)
10
11 How did you build this thing, just a simple chroot env and unpacking the
12 precompiled packages? Then kernel and adding it to the bootloader or
13 how?
16 Christian Gut <cycloon@×××××××.org>