From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] finding reverse dependencies for arch testing (and other purposes)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:58:04
1 On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > It is a bit hard to document a generic testing process. Each package
3 > has different requirements. We tried to document a generic workflow in
4 > amd64 AT[1] and in the AT quiz as well.
5
6 Sure, and that's pretty much the method I use, and I imagine most arch
7 testers/devs use. However, in most cases I tend to just find it
8 easier to do everything manually than to use the tools, even though I
9 might want to use a tool. I guess the AT job just isn't that hard to
10 begin with, and the last thing I want is some tool posting in bugs or
11 committing something because I didn't catch something in the
12 documentation.
13
14 Rich