From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: have portage be quiet by default
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 04:39:41
1 On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:56:22 -0500
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday 10 November 2011 20:39:11 Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > > On Thursday 10 November 2011 19:09:28 Luca Barbato wrote:
6 > > > That could be done, but I'd advise to make sure our users know that the
7 > > > could have a quiet/silent output from portage.
8 > >
9 > > if you want quiet portage output, use something like --quiet when running
10 > > emerge. the verbosity of the build output isn't really an issue imo.
11 >
12 > perhaps a more controversial question: should we make --quiet the default ?
13 > -mike
14
15 I really didn't like this idea until I discovered that the whole build log is
16 spit out on error. So yeah, cool. Too bad we lose colored output though.
17
18 If this changes then it might warrant a news item so people don't freak out.
22 fonts, gcc-porting, it makes no sense how it makes no sense
23 toolchain, wxwidgets but i'll take it free anytime
24 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662