From: Mounir Lamouri <mounir.lamouri@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 3's default src_install needs bikeshedding
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:53:31
1 Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh schrieb am 30.03.2009 18:43:
3 >> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:33:48 +0200
4 >> Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
5 >>> else
6 >>> for x in AUTHORS ChangeLog NEWS README; do
7 >>> if [ -e ${x} ]; then
8 >> Is -e really better than -s?
11 > I think -s should be used here. I have seen projects out there which
12 > don't use the mandatory autotools files (INSTALL, NEWS, README, AUTHORS,
13 > ChangeLog, COPYING) at all or use other files than these. So they just
14 > place an empty file there to make automake happy instead of using the
15 > --foreign option. Besides that it makes no sense to install empty
16 > documentation files at all.
19 portage don't install empty files (they are ignored) so it would be
20 painless.
21
22 Mounir