From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The usefulness of test in FEATURES
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:45:07
1 On Sunday 01 May 2005 02:32, Maurice van der Pot wrote:
2 > On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 06:30:05PM +0300, Rumen Yotov wrote:
3 > > a day or two ago mentioned that i'm using per-package FEATURES in
4 > > '/etc/portage/package.features-file' ("-collision-protect") so was
5 > > thinking about doing the same for "test" (for half a day "test" is ON in
6 > > my 'make.conf'). Think of putting it OFF for failing packages while
7 > > still keeping it ON globally. Also will like the get some opinions.
8 >
9 > It would be a shame if every user would have to find out for himself
10 > which packages need "-test". Additionally, when the tests are fixed,
11 > the package will still not be using them. It would be nice if something
12 > like package.features could become not only part of portage, but also
13 > of the profiles.
14
15 package.features is not part of portage, nor will it be for some time to come
16 due to the issues outlined in my other response. RESTRICT="test" is viable
17 though.
18
19 Regards,
20 Jason Stubbs