From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: Accessibility on our release media
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 17:35:41
1 On 05/24/2009 05:32 AM, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On 2009.05.24 02:44, William Hubbs wrote:
6 > [snip]
7 >
8 > Random reply to thread
9 >> William Hubbs
10 >> gentoo accessibility team lead
11 >> williamh@g.o
14 > Put all the downloads for a minimal gentoo install into dial up
15 > context. You need the minimal CD, the stage 3, the portage snapshot, a
16 > bootloader and a kernel.
17 >
18 > An extra 20Mb in that total size is trivial.
19 >
20 > Having done a few remote installs for blind users dropping into
21 > #gentoo, I understand the frustration that lack of accessibility
22 > causes.
23 >
24 > Please add accessibility to Gentoo install media and help our users to
25 > help themselves.
26
27 Since my only real argument against it (size) has been effectively shot down, if
28 someone does all the testing/patching and provides a nice, neat little package
29 for releng (me, basically) to integrate, we'll do it. I just don't have the
30 time/inclination to do it myself.
33 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
34 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead