From: frilled <frilled@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New network config for baselayout-ng
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 10:48:55
2 >> Which is all very well, but not sufficient reason to screw up a project
3 >> that is developed and used by a lot of people.
6 > As if we were all gonna die without bash arrays in our config files.
10 And once again nobody thinks of the user base. Changing configuration
11 file syntax means admins have to edit stuff with _no_ apparent benefit
12 on the user side. It costs time and opens up new opportunities for
13 problems. Maybe you don't mind doing it on a handful of home boxes. If
14 you manage a lot of servers, you'll probably think different.
15 Personally, constantly having to change stuff that does not benefit me
16 is a hell of an annoyance to me.
17
18 Regards,
19