From: Kevin <gentoo-dev@××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] VoIP with VOCAL
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:39:31
1 On Thursday 26 February 2004 20:32, Brandon Hale wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 17:58 -0500, Kevin wrote:
3 > > Is anyone working on an ebuild for this:
4 > > http://www.vovida.org/applications/downloads/vocal
5 > >/?
6 >
7 > You could make one, and submit it to bugs.gentoo.org
8 > ;)
9
10 I think I will. Just thought I'd check to make sure
11 nobody else had done or was doing the same thing. Can
12 I take the lack of replies (excepting yours of course)
13 as conclusive that nobody else is doing it? Or is
14 there another list that would be a better forum for
15 such a question?
18 > Just a little food for thought, not sure how much
19 > you've researched.. Looking quickly at this app it
20
21 Pretty thoroughly, but I'm always happy to learn about
22 other tools.
23
24 > seems totally focused on providing a VoIP gateway,
25 > which is cool, but not very real-world useful
26 > without POTS (plain old telephone service)
27 > integration, except for personal via a software or
28 > hardware SIP phone to other VoIP enabled locations.
29 > If this is something you are interested, check out
30 > Asterisk, and opensource and multi-protocol VoIP
31 > ready PBX system with all the bells and whistles,
32 > including built in voicemail. This integrates with
33 > POTS and T1/E1 hardware from Digium (digium.com) to
34 > provide real world integration between POTS and
35 > VoIP.
36
37 Cool! Thanks for mentioning it.
38