From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:09:23
1 On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 20:24 -0500, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
2 > *ALL* of the official docs are GuideXML; Gentoo *expects* users to have
3 > a web browser by default. Otherwise a vast majority of users would never
4 > get Gentoo installed in the first place. The "lightweight" requirement
5 > appears to just be your way of subverting the current documentation
6 > standards (because of your XML hatred).
7
8 *sigh*
9
10 Then I guess we're wasting our time getting the Handbook converted to
11 plain text for *every* release. It's on the CD itself, have a look. No
12 need for a web browser of any kind.
13
14 You really need to check your facts before posting.
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
19 x86 Architecture Team
20 Games - Developer