From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Democracy: No silver bullet
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:26:22
1 On Thursday 24 August 2006 10:26, Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 12:54:23AM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > The council doesn't actually do anything AFAICT, it just "approves" GLEP
4 > > decisions that have already been made. So in effect we have no
5 > > leadership.
6 >
7 > Suspending sunrise was a decision, as was unsuspending it. However i
8 > agree that currently their main role is approving GLEPs and other
9 > decisions which makes them official Gentoo decisions.
10 > If that's a good or bad thing (tm) depends on the POV, i mainly think
11 > it's good to have it like that and no leader whatsoever.
12
13 A big issue, that I hope to correct is exactly this indeciciveness in the
14 council. It is my position that the council needs to be proactive in
15 decisions and in setting a goal for the distribution.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Gentoo Developer