From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Python problem
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:18:32
1 Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011, 06:34:52 schrieb Michał Górny:
2 >
3 > > As I said it already, we could start doing things simpler in the
4 > > current python.eclass and maybe that would attract some devs to help
5 > > out with it, as they find it more comfortable to work with.
6 >
7 > I think it would be better to simply start from scratch with
8 > a clean python-2.eclass. Instead of adding new features and another lot
9 > of conditionals for EAPI=4, just make that code a part of new eclass.
12 Ack. The cleanest way would definitely be to start from scratch, and provide a
13 looooong transition period. Please please make things similar compared to the
14 other language eclasses, though...
17 Andreas K. Huettel (dilfridge)
18 Gentoo Linux developer
19 kde, sci, arm, tex