From: Corvus Corax <eric.noack@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem!!!!!
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:47:26
1 Am Sonntag, 10. März 2002 20:04 schrieben Sie:
2 > I am hoping you can help me. I don't want to subscribe to the mailing
3 > list at this time. I installed Gentoo linux and after rebooting, found
4 > that the boot menu for grub came up fine, but then, when I hit return
5 > for the selection or it autoruns the selection, the machine reboots.
6 > ***sigh*** Do you have any possible explanations for this? I
7 > basically followed the steps on the web page exactly, setting it up as
8 > you did.
9 >
10 > Regards,
11 >
12 > Jeff Kirkland
13 >
14 sudden reboots at boot-time are either kernel-problems or boot-manager
15 problems.
16 maybe check your kernel-konfiguration, re-compile the kernel if necessary (by
17 booting from the cd)
18 1st check if it the grub or its configuration and test, whether the boot-up
19 works with good-old lilo. if both grub and lilo fail, its probabply a
20 misconfigured kernel.
21
22 Corvus V Corax